Thank you for choosing Get A Drip
Even though the vast majority of people receiving IV Drips or Booster Shot injections feel greatly improved afterwards, every individual is unique and there is no guarantee that you will notice a difference in the way you feel following treatment, nor does improvement of symptoms exclude other coexisting potential medical conditions.
You have just received an intravenous (IV) and/or intramuscular (IM) procedure. Your therapy may consist of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals electrolytes, amino acids and sometimes medications or any combination of the above.
Home Care Instructions
- Leave your bandage on for at least 30 minutes after your treatment
- Change your bandage if there is any noticeable bleeding at the puncture site
- Keep the puncture site area clean and dry after you remove your bandage
- Avoid showering, bathing or exposing the puncture site to water for at least 1 hour after your treatment
Procedure risks and complications:
- Pain at the puncture site
- Some bleeding or bruising of the skin
- Allergic reaction to any of the ingredients from the procedure preparation or the treatment
- Failure to successfully place IV cannula in the vein
- Puncture of the wall of the vein requiring the use of a different site for IV
- Self-resolving blood clot in the superficial vein
- Infiltration – fluid and ingredient leakage through the wall of the vein into the surrounding skin which will reabsorb spontaneously. This is sometimes referred to as “tissuing”.
Contact us or seek medical care:
- If you develop any loss of sensation or numbness around the procedure area or in the arms where the procedure was performed
- If you develop repeated or worsening swelling at the puncture site
- If there is bleeding from the puncture area that will not stop
- If a large bruise develops around the puncture site
- If bleeding from the puncture site develops and will not stop even after pressure is applied for 15 minutes
- If redness or red streaking develops around the procedure site
- If you develop shortness of breath, rash, itching sensation, swelling of your lips, tongue, throat or other signs of an allergic reaction
- If you develop a fever.
Enjoy Your Experience? Leave us a review!
Simply click the button below, find the location you visited and leave us a review!